Progress So Far

  • Romance writer - Historical. Contemporary and Intrigue
  • 2 books written for HarperImpulse

Tuesday 23 February 2010

New Year's Resolution - Part 2!

I've just come back from Kate Walker's writing weekend in Fishguard. In a word it was "fantastic" - and anyone wanting to write romance really should go on one of her courses. I've read so many "How To" books - but there is no substitute for the real thing. You just get so much more when a published author like Kate shares her wise words and wisdom!

Can't ramble on for too much as I've got to go to work - but all I will say is that Kate's workshop weekend has fired me up so much that I want to write so much that I will now - finally - keep to one of my New Year's Resolutions. The one that said "less blogging and more writing". I am severely going to limit myself (promise!) to no more than 1/2 an hour a day from now on! Yay! Thank's Kate. It was great! Caroline x

5 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you had such a fantastic time.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great, and lovely to meet you Caroline. Hope to see you again soon.
    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful to meet you, Caroline. And I'm so glad you had such a great time. See you again next year? For Romance - Moving it On?

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a brilliant weekend, so nice to meet you and I will look forward to seeing you next year.
    I shall be checking to see if you are keeping to the resolution and blogging less!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waves to everyone! Hello Suzanne, Jo, Kate and Rachael - thanks for stopping by. Kate - I've paid my tenner to Gerry and Colin has already agreed on this year's Christmas prezzie so there will be no stopping me!

    Rachael - fingers crossed - I have been good so far. Serious about it this time! Kate's course has fired me up no end. I felt a bit like a lost soul wondering around aimlessly, not quite knowing in what direction. But now I feel so much more focussed. I've got 5 days off to do some serious writing/editing. :-) Caroline x

    ReplyDelete