Progress So Far

  • Romance writer - Historical. Contemporary and Intrigue
  • 2 books written for HarperImpulse

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Loser Part II...

....went to FatClub tonight (aka WeightWatchers) for my weekly weigh in. I've been a good girl since I started (with a bit of help from a nasty stomach bug this weekend , not to mention a bereavement which saw 5lbs off!) I joined on the 29th of March and as of today I've shifted 30.5lbs of fat. I've been averaging 2/3lbs a week and I've only had one "weak" moment where I put half a pound on one week.

So I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. I've got to set a target weight. The DH doesn't like "skinny" and to be honest if I lose too much weight I look ill. But I'm still holding too much flab around my middle - always the danger zone so the doctors say- so I need to shift this. I'm thinking another 10lbs to target.

Of course as any woman will tell you - the hardest part is keeping it off and maintaining goal weight! But I want to do this - not so much for vanity - more for my health. I'm nearing a major "0" birthday (the one after 40 but not before 60) and I need to consider my long term health.

Speak soon - love Caroline xx

11 comments:

  1. I admire your staying power - well done, Caroline :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Caroline - I'm seriously impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously well done, Caroline. You've inspired me to shift the last stone I've stalled on (and the four lbs I've put back on since I lost the first stone).

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Suzanne. If I can do so can you! Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. And I love your statement you are trying to get it down due to health other than vanity. I think more people should think like this. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww thanks Suzanne. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tagged you, Caroline - but only if you want it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done. I've kept my weight off for 30 years now (yes I'm quite old!) I found I loved being slim so much better than eating 'naughties!' I cut out 'in-betweenies' and my mantra is 'the pleasures of eating last but a moment, the pleasures (and health benefits of course) of being slim last for ever and are many!' Hope it helps. Being busy at the keyboard trying to get lots of stuff out there helps too!

    ReplyDelete